2015年4月13日星期一

Steaming Live Clams and Boned Fish in Toshiba ER-GD400HK

We love seafood soooooooo much! Had been having seafood for dinner for a few days in a row but still want to have more. We went to the supermarket yesterday and bought some Patagonian Toothfish kirimi (aka Chilean Seabass) and US Manila clams.


新增說明文字

We had "Arugula Salad and Steamed Manila Clams" and "Steamed Seabass with Saffron Cream Sauce". I still need some time to organize the notes I jogged down for the dressing, sauce and topping, what I want to share today is steaming live clams and boned fish with Toshiba ER-GD400HK.


  • I selected the steam mode at desired temperature and allow it to run for 5 minutes before putting the seafood into the oven.
  • I put the seafood onto small stainless steel trays and steamed at different temperature and time for different ingredients:
                         - For the clams, they are medium sized, I steamed them at 95C for 6 minutes
                         - For the fish (100g x 2 pieces), I steamed it at 90C for 7 minutes

The clams were tender and succulent and the fish was just done, very tender and melts in the mouth with the saffron cream sauce.

Arugula Salad with Steamed Manila Clams
Steamed Seabass with Saffron Cream Sauce

Conclusion: Steaming food in stainless steel trays cooks a lot faster than in containers of other material.

沒有留言:

發佈留言